Monday 23 February 2009

Updated - Notice of Forthcoming Downtime This Weekend Due To Server Upgrade [Completed]

Some of you may have noticed that we have experienced a few 'blips' of
late due to traffic surges bringing our server to its knees so, in order
to resolve these issues, we are upgrading to a new quad core dedicated
server which will, unfortunately, result in some downtime as the move is
completed.

By way of advanced warning, we expect the downtime to occur sometime
from 1700 hrs (EST) / 2100 hrs (GMT) on Sunday 9th and have been advised
that the break in service could last around anywhere between six and
eight hours. (I'll be lost, I know I will. I also know that the wife
will rope me into taking her out shopping being that I'm free. Oh boy is
this going to cost me).

We would like to apologise in advance for this upcoming downtime whilst
assuring you that all is well at TFTS Towers and we very much look
forward to seeing you back once the site is back online and coming to
you from a beast of a machine - at which point we hope that you'll also
find that the site is rather more responsive than it has been of late.

In the meantime business will, of course, continue as usual.

Incidentally, we've already had a beer for this outgoing server which
has done a sterling job of trying to keep up with our escalating traffic
levels - you've done us proud, my friend.

10/04/08 Update: The server upgrade has now been completed and all
appears well.

No comments:

Analytics and Statistic

Blog Archive