Tuesday 2 March 2010

Google Search Goes Minimal Google Search Homepage Back to Basics

For some reason, Google decided to remove all that clutter from its
Google Search homepage. And considering there was hardly anything to
remove I can t say that I am overjoyed about the change. Do we really
need a Google Search homepage that minimal?The new homepage looks like
it s 2000 again, although it s cool in a way. Returning back to
basics could be fun for Google, but to the end user that is already
using quite a few services is annoying. One has to type in a few extra
words to get where he s going. I m used to being able to be able to
access various parts of my Google account from the Google Search
homepage and naturally I don t exactly like the minimal version.
To tell you the truth I don t have Google Search set as my homepage but
so many people do. I perform my searches by typing what I m looking for
in Mozilla s or Safari s Google Search bar. And that s how I end up on
the Google Search homepage. And that s where I am able to go to Google
Reader, Gmail, Image Search or Google Docs.
I scared you there for a second, didn t I? Well go ahead and relax as
everything is still ok in the Google world. Google hasn t really changed
anything. It has just proven a point about it s business. After all
Google Search is the core of everything Google-related. All the links
are there at your disposal and you ll still be able to explore various
Google apps. They just happen to fade in for those people that simply
come to Google s homepage to perform various searches. Simply move the
mouse and the links you have gotten used to will appear immediately.
Therefore your whole Google experience has not changed and you won t
have to replace Googling with Binging. Google is all about getting you
where you are going faster " how could they launch something that
potentially slowed users down?
Now that Google proved that it can play with our feelings and influence
the way we go about our business online, we can return to our day-to-day
lives knowing that Google Search hasn t really changed and we still can
find out everything we want about the weirdest stuff published on the
Internets.

No comments:

Analytics and Statistic

Blog Archive